Terms and Conditions
By using or accessing the GenXYZ Website and Services, you agree to the terms and conditions as set forth in this agreement which may be updated from time to time in accordance with Section 28 below.
Term of Agreement and Termination
- The term of this Agreement (the "Term") will begin on the date of the User’s Registration and will remain in full force and effect indefinitely until terminated by GenXYZ at its sole discretion or by the User through the deletion of his/her account.
- GenXYZ offers a variety of services, including providing a platform where international students can find information regarding schools, educational agencies, scholarships, accommodation providers and other useful resources in their desired host country. GenXYZ also provides communication services through its interactive features such as the forums and the chat rooms to connect international students with each other and with GenXYZ's Partners. Additionally, GenXYZ has a monthly digital magazine to which GenXYZ's website Users may subscribe.
- GenXYZ will provide its website and the necessary technical support to give Users access to a variety of information and recourses deemed by GenXYZ useful in improving their educational experience.
- GenXYZ may at its convenience and its sole discretion offer Users monetary and/or non-monetary awards based on specific eligibility criteria determined by GenXYZ.
- GenXYZ reserves the right to add more or discontinue services in the future at its sole discretion.
- By registering and using the GenXYZ Website, the User pledges to have reached or surpassed the age of majority in his/her respective country, province or state. Users under the age of majority must obtain parental consent to use the GenXYZ Website.
- To open an account, Users agree to complete the registration process and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Users agree to provide true, complete, and up to date contact information.
- By using the GenXYZ Website, you guarantee that you meet all the above-mentioned requirements, and that you won’t use the GenXYZ Website in a way that violates this agreement. GenXYZ reserves the right to cancel registrations, suspend services, close accounts and all the data associated with it of any Users, with or without cause, and change or modify the eligibility requirements at any time.
- Account and Password
- The User is solely responsible for keeping his/her username and password confidential. The User agrees to immediately notify GenXYZ of any unauthorized use of his/her account. GenXYZ is not responsible for any losses or inconvenience resulting from stolen or hacked passwords. To ensure security, GenXYZ does not have access to its website Users’ current passwords and may only reset their passwords upon their request.
- The Parties agree to do everything necessary to ensure that the terms of this Agreement take effect.
- All services and website features on the GenXYZ website are provided free of charge for the website's Users. No payments shall be required from Users of the GenXYZ website.
Ownership of Materials and Intellectual Property
- All intellectual property and related material (the "Intellectual Property") including the GenXYZ Website and any related content that is developed or produced by GenXYZ, will be the property of the GenXYZ. The Customer is granted a non-exclusive limited-use license of this Intellectual Property. This Intellectual Property may not be modified, altered or obstructed by the User in any manner through current or future available technologies.
- Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distribution rights of the Intellectual Property remain exclusively with GenXYZ. Intellectual property rights include the look and feel of the GenXYZ Website.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, or exploit any portion of the Services, website Content, or any agreement on the GenXYZ Website without express written permission by us.
- In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that GenXYZ is acting as an independent entity and not as an employee. GenXYZ and the User acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them.
Accuracy of Information:
- We are not responsible if information made available on the GenXYZ Website is neither accurate, complete or current. GenXYZ strives to confirm the accuracy of content and information on its website, however, Users should rely upon or use this information or content as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at the User’s own risk.
Third Party Websites and Tools
- GenXYZ may provide the User with links may direct him/her to a third-party websites over which GenXYZ neither monitors nor has any control nor input. The User acknowledges and agrees that GenXYZ provides links to such websites “as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. GenXYZ shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional partner or third-party links and websites. Any use by you of optional links offered through the GenXYZ website is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are acquainted with and approve of the terms and conditions of the third-parties’ websites. GenXYZ may, in the future, offer third-party tools and/or features through the website. Such new tools and/or features shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
Modification of Content and Information
- GenXYZ reserves the right to modify the contents of its website at any time, but has no obligation to update any information or content. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to the GenXYZ Website.
- If any information on the GenXYZ Website contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions, GenXYZ reserves the right, but is not obligated, to correct and modify this information.
User’s Website Contributions, Feedback and Submissions:
- If the User sends certain specific submissions related to a contest, scholarship application or if the User sends any ideas, suggestions, proposals or any other material with or without a stated request from GenXYZ and regardless of the sending method, he/she agrees that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any submitted/sent material or contributions made on the website. GenXYZ and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any contribution, feedback or submissions in confidence unless otherwise agreed by GenXYZ; (2) to pay compensation for any contribution, feedback or submissions; or (3) to respond to any contribution, feedback or submissions.
- GenXYZ reserves the right, but has no obligation to, monitor and remove content that is determined in its sole discretion to be unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, racist, sexist, offensive or otherwise objectionable or violates its intellectual property or its Partners’.
- Users agree that their contributions, feedback and submissions will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. They further agree their contribution, feedback and submissions will not contain objectionable material, or any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the GenXYZ Website or any of its related features. Users may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than themselves, or provide misleading information.
- You may not use the GenXYZ Website for unlawful purposes or to perform or participate in any unlawful acts such as:
- Violating any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules or laws
- Infringe upon GenXYZ’s intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of its Partners or others;
- Harassing, insulting, harming, defaming, intimidating, or discriminating based on religion, ethnicity, race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability
- Uploading or spreading viruses or any other type of malicious codes that will or may in any way affect the functionality or operation of the GenXYZ Website
- Collecting or tracking the personal information of GenXYZ, its Partners or Users
- Interfering with or obstructing the security features of the GenXYZ Website.
- Additionally, you may not reproduce, upload, post, transmit, download or distribute any part of the information contained on this Website other than to create a single electronic copy on your computer’s hard drive or a single printed copy of portions of the content for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not store or create a database using a significant portion of the GenXYZ Website content.
- We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Changes to Agreement of Registration and Use
- The most current version of the Agreement of Registration and Use can be viewed on the GenXYZ Website.
- GenXYZ reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to update, modify, change, remove or replace any part of the terms and conditions of the Agreement of Registration and Use by directly updating the version on the GenXYZ Website. It is the User’s responsibility to check periodically for any changes. The User’s continued use of and/or access to the GenXYZ Website following the execution of any changes to the terms and conditions of the Agreement of Registration and Use is considered an acceptance of those changes.
- All notices, requests, demands or other communications required by or related to the terms of this Agreement must be given in writing and delivered as follows:
207-6635 Sussex Avenue
Burnaby, British Columbia, V5H 3C5
or to such other address as may be specified in the future.
Limitation of Liability
- IT IS UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED THAT GENXYZ WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE USER, OR ANY AGENT OR ASSOCIATE OF THE USER, FOR ANY MISTAKE OR ERROR IN JUDGMENT OR FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION DONE IN GOOD FAITH AND BELIEVED TO BE WITHIN THE SCOPE OF AUTHORITY CONFERRED OR IMPLIED BY THIS AGREEMENT.
- GENXYZ RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, ADD, DISCONTINUE ANY SERVICE (OR ANY CONTENT) WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANY TIME. GENXYZ SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE USER OR TO ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY MODIFICATION, SUSPENSION OR DISCONTINUANCE OF THE SERVICE.
- GENXYZ IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGES RELATED TO THE USE, PURCHASE OF GOODS, SERVICES, RESOURCES, CONTENT, OR ANY OTHER TRANSACTIONS MADE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS AVAILABLE ON THE GENXYZ WEBSITE.
- USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT AND ACCURACY OF THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS, FEEDBACK AND SUBMISSIONS. GENXYZ TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTRIBUTIONS, FEEDBACK AND SUBMISSIONS POSTED DIRECTLY BY THE USERS, ADVERTISERS OR ANY OTHER THIRD-PARTY ON THE GENXYZ WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS.
- You agree to indemnify and hold GenXYZ and its, employees, directors, administrators, and representatives harmless from any losses that result from third-party claims due to an action that you, or someone using your account, committed and that violates any of the terms and conditions of the Agreement of Registration and Use.
- In the event a dispute arises out of or in connection with this Agreement, the Parties will attempt to resolve the dispute through friendly consultation.
- If the dispute is not resolved within a reasonable period then any or all outstanding issues may be submitted to mediation in accordance with any statutory rules of mediation. If mediation is unavailable or is not successful in resolving the entire dispute, any outstanding issues will be submitted to final and binding arbitration in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia. The arbitrator's award will be final, and judgment may be entered upon it by any court having jurisdiction within the Province of British Columbia.
- It is agreed that there is no representation, warranty, collateral agreement or condition affecting this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
- Headings are inserted for the convenience of the Parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement.
- Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
- It is the intention of the Parties to this Agreement that this Agreement and the performance under this Agreement, and all suits and special proceedings under this Agreement, be construed in accordance with and governed, to the exclusion of the law of any other forum, by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, without regard to the jurisdiction in which any action or special proceeding may be instituted.
- In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
- The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions.